Are you good for your own mental health? Do you use words to inspire, encourage, and empower yourself? Do you take the time to focus on your needs and do you care for them without leaving scars behind? Do you love and accept yourself for all that you are? (even your faults too?)
Are you good for your own mental health? It's a very personal question I know, and only you know the answer...but are you?
What does "being good for your own mental health" mean to you? What steps can you take to do that for yourself?
There is much in the world that is not good for our mental health...we should not be one them.
If you're needing some ideas on how you can be...here are just a few...
- forgive yourself! you are only human...you will make mistakes! so forgive yourself
- do not beat yourself up with your thoughts, words, or your actions...just don't! beat yourself up anymore!
- talk nicely to you will ya huh? our words have power (even our own) and how we talk to ourselves is important! do not be negative, do not beat yourself up...but learn to talk to yourself with love and understanding and encouragement...YOU CAN DO THIS!
- take the time to do the things that make you smile, that make you feel good, that allow you to love and enjoy your life...to live beyond your pain...to chase your dreams...MAKE THE TIME FOR YOU!
- love yourself enough to reach out for the help you need and love yourself enough to accept the help when it's offered (YES! you're worth it! in case you needed reminding)
- surround yourself with the people in your life who can make you laugh even when you may not want too...the ones who understand, love and accept you...the people who make you feel good (yes, even your pets too)
Basically? it boils down to this...whatever you may be doing that is NOT good for your mental health...do the exact opposite! and start loving yourself instead and please...be someone who is good for your mental health instead.
Take good care of you please