It could be from lack of sleep catching up with you, or maybe you've spent time crying things out, or maybe you're tired of thinking so your brain just goes quiet for a bit. It could be from any number of things really....but have you ever felt like this too? What causes your brain to slip into neutral? What do you do to take care of yourself when it does?
Here are just a few ideas....
- be patient with yourself...with your needs, with your body and know that this will end in time
- soothe your bodies needs without feeling guilty...emotionally, mentally and physically...your body as needs...attend to them
- talk nicely to you! do not berate yourself for feeling like this...it happens...this isn't the first time you've felt like this and it won't be the last...don't beat yourself up this time either ok?
- rest! rest REST! did I say rest? yes! REST....rest your mind, rest your body...just rest.
- do not participate in activities that require a lot of your thought and attention...save that for when your brain wakes up...those deep conversations or life changing choices can wait too until you have your wits about you
- use your mediation or visualization exercises to focus your mind gently...watch your breathing too
- get out and get some exercise! yes! get outside!! breathe in the fresh air and go for a walk...wake-up the senses and you'll wake up your mind
The next time your brain slips into neutral, what will you do for you?