So instead, I thought I'd use it as an entry here and see what we can do with the days when our brains are experiencing technical difficulties.
You know it's going to happen right? Maybe you're having one of those days now...are you? If you are...how are you handling it? or are you?
Do you know what causes you to feel this way? Is it always the same thing? If you're like me you're probably saying no. It can be difficult to know why our brain goes fuzzy some days. It can be caused by side-effects of a new medication, a consistent lack of sleep over a few days, a flare day, or any number of other things. It happens and when it does we can struggle with even the little things in our lives. Ever noticed this in your life too?
So when your brain is experiencing technical difficulties what can you do? here are a few ideas....please take the time to write your own list and keep it handy for the next time your brain is having a rough day.
- be patient with yourself...take your time...this day will end and these feelings will pass
- talk nicely with yourself...this is not the time to beat yourself up for all the things you can't seem to get yourself together enough to do okay? be nice to you!
- soothe your needs...emotionally, mentally, and physically...soothe and attend to yourself...use your coping skill tool box here and take care of your needs without causing harm to yourself
- openly communicate with those around you how you are feeling and let them know you need their patience and help too
- watch your words when speaking with others...not just your words but how you say them too...when feeling this way our patience is often low and we can be quick to respond in ways that hurt
- don't make any drastic life-changing decisions when feeling this way...give yourself time to clear your head and gather your thoughts properly
- be careful operating your vehicle, heavy machinery, power tools or the like until your have a clear head....too many accidents are caused when we're in a fog and not thinking or reacting clearly as we need
- get some sleep! you probably need it and don't forget to eat too okay?
- get out and go for a walk...clear your head...stretch your body and mind
- write down a list of things you need to do so you're not stressing out for having to remember everything...you won't...and you will forget something...so stress less and write it down
Whatever is on your list...please take the time to soothe yourself and take care of your needs. We will have days like this...we can't avoid that...but we can learn how to see ourselves through them without causing ourselves further pain and problems.
Please? Take good care of you