Give it some thought. If we approach our lives with a dictionary full of negative words, what do you think that life would be like? Alternatively, consider living a life with a dictionary with words that were nothing but positive, encouraging, and empowering. What do you see that life as being like?
During the brief segment they gave a few suggestions that I managed to quickly write down.
- don't validate negative thoughts and feelings with words
- don't use words like "should" or "can't" - instead use words like "could" - "I should have done that instead" VS "I could do that differently next time" - could is more empowering than all the "should haves" we may say to ourselves
- change your words, change your life - when you change the vocabulary of your dictionary, you can change your life
- practice thinking positive
- express your gratitude - instead of focusing on the negative of your life, be grateful for the life you do have and the people you share it with
It's our choice which dictionary we use to describe and define our lives. Which one will you choose to use?
take good care of you