Making and keeping life changing goals takes a lot of energy and having to be "on" all the time can be exhausting. I think this is when people tend to give up and go back to the way things were because it's just easier. Has this ever happened to you? Be honest now okay? Have you ever fallen off your wagon and found your donkey in a ditch? Have you ever given up because it was just too hard?
Or maybe something else happened in your life and you started an old behaviour again because that old behaviour is soothing and comforting and what you're used to? Or maybe it takes more energy than you have to give one day so you think "it's okay...I'll get back on track tomorrow" ...but do you? Maybe things happened that keep you busy and away from your goals...do you stick by them no matter what or do you give in to the pressures of life slowly falling off your wagon?
- take care of your needs...emotionally, mentally and physically...soothe yourself and care for YOU
- remember why you chose to make these life changes...to better yourself and your life moving forward
- remind yourself that you are not giving up...but taking a break to gather your strength again and you will return...remember this is not the time to beat yourself up for what you feel are your failures in life
- re-evaluate your goals and the steps needed to achieve them and change as needed...you can change your goals and you can change your dreams...but don't give up on having dreams and goals
- surround yourself with the people and things you need to see you through this and know that you will try again
- reward yourself and the efforts you have made and keep rewarding yourself...you've worked hard and you deserve it
- remember that falling down is a natural part of life and change...but so is getting back up again ... talk with encouragement, support and love with yourself
Let's face it...falling off the wagon and finding our donkey is in a ditch can happen in life...but if you can understand what happened to make you fall...if you can plan and prepare for it again...you can get back up quicker the next time.
You are worth the changes you want to make for your life moving forward. Yes it will be a fight but you're strong enough and you will be okay. Pick yourself back up and try again...and again and again. Your donkey may be in a ditch now but you don't have to stay there. Remember that okay?
take good care of you please