I think we all have...it's a human thing really. To feel needy and to feel bad for that...to worry about being a burden to those we love....but let me remind you that being human means you will need help...you will fail...you will fall...and you will need help some days to get through the rough spots...it's a human thing.
But that still doesn't make the feelings of "being a burden" go away though does it? Nope! so the question to ask now is...what can we do in the future so that we don't feel like a burden when we ask for help...
- take the time to say thank you!...even if it's a quick phone call to say hi or I love you and I appreciate all that you do for me...cook your family's' favourite meal...a hug...acknowledge those in your life and what they have done to help you...it's a feel good thing for everyone really
- when your family and friends need help be the first to offer it back...return the favours they've done for you when you can...even the little things make a difference...do those too
- have an open line of communication with those around you...our friends and family do want to help so let them know exactly what you need from them and when...it's easier to help when people know what is needed from them
- on the days you're feeling "good"...do more...do more around the house, do more with your friends and family...do more of the things with those you love that bring you close together...whatever they maybe...enjoy their company and let them enjoy yours
- stop using negative words and/or thoughts to describe the fact that you need help every once in awhile...YOU'RE HUMAN! I hate to break it to you but you are...you will need help some days and there will be days when you will be the one giving the help...life is give and take...don't feel bad about needing help and don't beat yourself up for it either.
Being human means we will need help every once in a while...it also means we will be the ones called upon to help at times too. If you're a burden for needing help, does that mean that those who need your help are burdens too? NO! needing help does not make anyone a burden! It makes us human...and it's a human thing to help when we can too....so go on...keep being human and please...
take good care of you and each other