The Helping take care of your cholesterol - the good-start guidebook is produced and offered by the Becel Company and has a wide range of products that can help you lower and manage your cholesterol levels. I am not promoting these products but as the guidebook is produced by this company it comes with several references to their products, webiste, and information available. I have included their website information and I would highly encourage you to check things out for your yourself if you have questions. Your diet is within your full control...will you take the steps for you to live a heart healthy life?
Today I'd like to cover the resources that are available to help you in the future...
Talk with a Registered Dietitian
In addition to your doctor, a Registered Dietitian can give you trusted advice to help lower your blood cholesterol levels. A Registered Dietitian is an expert in food and nutrition who can answer your questions, assess your current diet, create a meal plan for you, and help make changes to your eating habits. Registered Dietitians work in clinics, hospitals and in private practice.
- as your doctor for a referral
- go on line to the Dietitians of Canada webiste and use the Find a Dietitian feature www.dietitians.ca/Find-a-Dietitian.aspx
- Visit www.dietitians.ca/Find-a-Dietitian/Search-for-a-Dietitian.aspx to check whether your province has a dietitian call centre
- call your local public health department or community health centre
TIP:Questions to ask your dietitian
- How much cholesterol can I eat?
- Do I have an apple or pear shaped body - and how does that affect my health?
- How can I manage my weight?
Explore online resources for support
It's easier to stay motivated and make positive lifestyle changes when you have easy-to-understand information and inspirational advice. That's where we come in! At www.becel.ca, you'll find advice, tips, informative articles and a variety of delicious recipes to support your new healthy lifestyle.
TIP: Enjoy heart healthy living
- visit www.becel.ca and sign up for our free, award winning Becel Heart Healthy Living e-newsletter. Each month, you'll receive tips and heart healthy recipes to help you reach your lifestyle goals.