Sure, doing chores when you're hurting hurts, it does...let's be honest. Having to stand at the sink when your body is aching and wash the dishes, carrying laundry up the stairs when your're having a hard enough time carrying yourself up the stairs. I get it. Chores can hurt. But...let me ask you this...
- Is there a way you can modify that chore to make it easier for yourself?
- Is there a time of day when your pain is "less" and you're able to do "more"?
- Are there people in your life you can call upon to help you?
- Does that particular chore have to be done at that given moment? Can it wait till you're feeling more able?
- Can someone else do it for you if it is beyond your abilities?
Change the words you use to describe things too! when you're always telling yourself "it's impossible" it will always stay IMPOSSIBLE!! There are ways you can still do the things you need to do. You may need to take a different approach to how you tackle your chores, you may even need to take more breaks in between than you did in the past and you may need some new cleaning tools to help take the stress off...modify...adapt...but don't give up.
It's only impossible when we tell ourselves it is...live in your abilities and challenge your limitations...and most importantly...in the grand scheme of life...does it really matter if the chores go unattended for a day or two? will your world come to a crashing end if your best friends come over and the house is a little messy? will they like you any less? no! they won't...they won't care one bit.
Relax, it's the weekend and take some time for you and unwind and enjoy it! take good care eh?