Now that the new year is here...are you wondering how to let things from the past year(s) go? if you're saying yes...I hope this helps.
Acceptance of what is is a big step and it's okay to be sad for a little while too. It's okay to cry for what you lost and it's okay to hide from the world for a bit too...but don't linger there.
Review what lessons you've learned, and focus on you. What are your life blessings? What do you want in your life moving forward? What don't you want in your life moving forward? Who can you turn to to help you? What can you do for you?
Now I'm not saying that by doing these 5 steps you'll instantly be able to let go...you won't. BUT...if you keep doing these things every day...especially on the days when you're struggling to let go...maybe it might get easier. It won't happen over night and it's going to take patience and effort on your part to change things going forward...I just ask that you give yourself permission to let things go. To grab hold of the things that serve your life, spend time doing the things that make you feel good with the people you love...letting go gets easier. When we focus on what makes us smile instead of crying...we can help ourself move forward.
Letting go isn't easy but it's not impossible either...it starts with how we talk to ourselves, how support ourselves...it starts with us. So...if you're wanting to let go...what will you focus on now instead?
- Change your words...change your life.
- Change your thoughts....change your life.
- When your thoughts go to your past...remind yourself that you're not living there anymore. You have a new address.
- When your mind goes to what you cannot control...give thought to what is in your control.
- Remind yourself that you are not what happened to you! and you are not your mistakes either. But you are what you do now moving forward.
- Forgive those who may have hurt you...whether they apologized or not and don't do it for them...do it for you! because those feelings aren't helping you any.
- Focus on what makes you smile, laugh, love and enjoy your life...because that's where your furture is.
- Always remember...three steps forward and two steps back is not a disaster okay? be patient with yourself and above all...forgive and love yourself too...you are doing the best you can
take good care of you and please...let it go for you
meme found at Moonlit Mystics on Facebook