The first part of the challenge is to list five methods you are currently using to treat your pain...please include medicinal and non medicinal treatment methods.
- prescription and/or over the counter medication...for pain, anxiety, depression, and/or sleep
- writing a journal
- heating pad/ice pack...gels, creams etc
- learn relaxation and meditation techniques
- speak to my doctor regarding alternative treatments & therapies such as hydrotherapy, physiotherapy, music/art therapy, PTSD support group, counselling,
- change my eating habits
- increase my daily exercise
- speak to my doctor about different medication(s) and/or decreasing medications
The goal with this exercise is to get you thinking about your individual treatment plan for managing your pain. Our pain is as individual as we are and our treatment plans need to be as well. There is no one treatment that is best suited for chronic pain, however, there are options available....have you explored all of yours?