I mentioned earlier this is a girl's weekend away so to help manage and care for my needs I will be bringing along a few things with me....
- my cane
- my medications (pain and sleep)
- a cushion to sit on
- snacks for my diabetic needs
- comfortable shoes (2 pairs to change when needed)
- portable massage pillow (battery operated)
- my best sleeping pillow
- two good friends who understand my needs and support my efforts..and they make laugh even when I don't feel like it
Getting active isn't just about exercising or working out. It's about doing the things we enjoy as well as the things we have to do in our lives. I know there are days too when just going grocery shopping or doing some chores around the house, is as physical as you can manage and that's okay. Just don't stay home or give up because of your pain. Plan for it, prepare for it, but still participate in the things you want and need to do.
What have you avoided doing in your life because of your pain? What can you do to help prepare for your pain so you don't have to avoid it any longer?