- say what you mean and mean what you say - have open and clear communication with those you share your life with
- chase your wants and dreams over the barriers and bridges of your pain
- don't hurt yourself
- learn to say "yes" more often
- learn to say "no" more often
- don't please other people to the expense of your own needs and wants
- 5 special words....LOVE, HOPE, DREAM, WISH, RISKS....make them, cherish them, live for them
- follow your instincts not your fears
- soothe your hurt but don't live in your pain
- when a day to recover is needed...take it!
- never speak bad about yourself to anyone including you
- celebrate your successes...even the little ones
- forgive yourself
- take care of your needs as you need them...don't ignore yourself
- treat yourself to something nice every once in awhile...you deserve it!
Have you developed a personal plan of care? How do you care for your needs? Planning and caring for your needs is an important step to managing your pain. When you care for your needs, your pain takes a back seat in your life. What can you do for you today to help care for you?