When developing a personal exercise program here are a few things to keep in mind....
- have you checked with your doctor to ensure your choices are safe for you to participate in
- are your choices realistic and within your abilities while also challenging your limitations
- how often will you exercise (daily, weekly, 3x/wk) including when (time of day) and where (home, gym, outdoors)
- have you included indoor activities for bad weather days
- how will you reward your efforts and successes?
- what little steps can you incorporate into your daily routine ie...taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- have you explored "alternative" exercise options like yoga or relaxation techniques such as Progressive Muscular Relaxation
Your personal exercise program should be one that will enable you to become more active in your life, meet your abilities while challenging your limitations. What little steps can you take today to get you more active in your life going forward? Will you take them?