Has this ever happened to you? Were you ever invited somewhere and you quickly ran through the check list in your mind of all the reasons why "no" would be an acceptable answer? What did you do? Did you stay or did you go? (should I stay or should I go now...yeah the song is going through my head too..sorry... it's a catchy tune)...but anyway....
There are things you can do to keep you as active in your life as you are able. Have you explored them yet? Have you developed your list? Here are a few things I will be doing today to get me ready for my night out with family...
- a good long soak in the tub
- meditation and breathing exercises...visualization for relaxation
- my medication before...during...and after the concert
- comfortable loose fitting clothing so I'm not restricted in movement and I can be comfortable
- a nap!! if I'm going out I will need the rest today so I can put my smile on and not have to fake it
- a positive attitude that even though I may feel more pain tomorrow, I have made another memory with one of my best friends...and that is something to smile about and something I did in-spite of my pain
- take things slow and easy today so that I can save my energy for tonight's show
There are things we can do to keep us actively involved in our lives doing what we want for us. What can you do for you to keep you active in your life? And the next time someone calls what will your answer be? Even though you may still go through your "check-list of reasons to say no"...take the chance and go...say YES!
take good care of you and please say yes more often and build your memories...they'll get you through the down days