What we tell ourselves will either tear us down and drag us further into our holes...or it can lift us up and carry us through even the darkest of days.
OUR THOUGHTS ARE POWERFUL
Ever notice how you can pack yourself on a guilt trip like no other. You know your weaknesses and sore spots better than anyone else don't you? You know it's true and you've done it haven't you? It's okay...we have all been our own worst enemy at times.
But we can change that. We can learn to escape the negative thoughts in our heads and we can learn to change our thoughts. It's a battle but it's one you can win for you.
- when the negative thoughts are consuming you...recognize them for what they really are..negative..hurtful words and thoughts that are preventing you from moving forward
- you are not who you were...you are not your mistakes...you are not the bad things that happened to you...YOU ARE...who you choose to be...who you work to become...your love...your laughter...your dreams and your goals...you are everything you thought you wouldn't survive but have...YOU ARE STRENGTH!
- challenge what you believe to be true about yourself...ask someone you trust to remind you if you need of all that you are and all that you've forgotten too
- for every one negative you say about yourself...say five things that you like and love about yourself too....remind yourself of all the things you like about you...there is more to who you are than the negative you're consumed by
- surround yourself with people, places and memories that make you smile and feel good..the people who know your worth even when you're questioning it...let them help you up again
- write down your thoughts and when this time has passed and it will pass...re-read what you wrote and really question the truth of your thoughts...what is the truth and what is rehashed versions of someone else's negativity?
- spend time doing things that you enjoy and that occupy your thoughts...work on your hobbies, art therapy...even some exercise too...listen to and feel your music...let it move you
- take the time to soothe your needs...emotionally, physically, and mentally too....soothe yourself without leaving scars behind...when lost in our minds we can be the most hurtful to ourselves and this too we need to start changing...soothe yourself...soothe your pain...and do it without leaving scars behind
- speak to your doctor or other health care professional ie. counsellor or psychiatrist and let them know how and what your feelings and thoughts are if you're struggling or find your thoughts turn to self-harm...outside help is there when needed and it's okay to ask for it
We will get lost in our thoughts and if we're not careful we can stay there longer than we'd like. Please the next time you're lost...do whatever you can to make it a shorter trip and soothe yourself instead of hurting. It's a choice we can make and it's a choice we need to make for ourselves when our thoughts are hurting.
Please...don't hurt yourself further...take good care of you and your thoughts...get out of your head and into your life.