Do you have a personal plan of care? Are you asking yourself...What is a personal plan of care?
A personal plan of care is your personal plan for managing your pain. Your plan will include the steps and strategies you use in managing your pain. It will be based on your needs, wants, strengths, abilities as well as your goals and dreams.
If you haven't developed your own plan yet, here are a few things to keep in mind..
- What have you found to be the most helpful to you in managing your pain?
- What has been the least helpful?
- What strategies do you use daily to get you through your day?
- What strategies would you like to learn more about?
- Who is a part of personal support system you can turn to for help or support
- What has your doctor and/or health care team recommended you incorporate into your life to help manage your pain?
When developing your plan you will think about your limitations. That's natural. But don't let yourself be stopped by them. What can you do so that your limitations aren't barriers? Can you change/adapt/modify something within your life so your limitations become your new abilities?
If you're saying you've tried everything and nothing works, I don't believe that, however, I do believe you weren't able to be pain free with your choices. Nothing we do will ever see us pain free. What we need to aim for...is living more with our pain, doing what we want for us and not being limited by our pain by minimizing its impact within our lives. We need a plan for living with our pain...have you made yours yet?
take good care of you okay?