We carry a lot of "baggage" with us as we go through life. Each bag carries our memories...both the good and the bad...but we all have our bags to carry. Our bags mark where we've been and the things we've experienced in our lives. But sometimes I think we carry more than we need and more than we can actually carry through life. Sometimes...we need to leave some bags behind.
As I move into the new year I'm leaving some bags behind too and some of mine are...
- doubting myself and all the other negative self talk and thoughts that go with it...done...out...no more
- fear of failure...life is both successes and failures...we learn and grow in both...don't fear it...learn from it
- people pleasing...no more giving up or giving in to make others happy or denying my own needs for the wants of others
- criticizing myself and others...focus on strengths instead of weaknesses...successes instead of failures...love instead of loss...the positives instead of the negatives...in thoughts...words...and actions
- procrastination...no longer will I put off what I need to do for me...change won't come until I take the chance to make the change
I hope this year you leave some of your baggage behind and I hope you move into the new year with a fresh start.
take good care of you eh? make 2016 the year you want it to be for you...take chances...take risks and live your life doing the best you can with what you have each and every day
(this is something I wrote last December and I'm sharing it again now as it's still something I need to work on...what about you? what do you need to leave behind as you take the steps into a new beginning and will you leave it behind you? )