There are real benefits to meditation. Have you explored this yet? Read further for some easy steps....
You can learn to reduce your stress levels and control the anxiety and depression that you're feeling. To help....
- you may need to find a quiet place to do this in the beginning so you're not distracted by outside sounds
- get comfortable...whether your sitting, laying down, or even standing...get comfortable
- close your eyes and focus on your breathing...slow deep breaths and slow breaths out...do this a couple of times and you will feel yourself starting to relax
- call to mind a memory or a place that brings you peace...mine is the beach...whatever image you call to mind it needs to be soothing to you
- as you focus on this memory...don't forget to keep breathing nice and slow...deep and even
- remember the smells that were there that day...the sounds too...remember how the sun felt on your skin and the warmth in your body...remember the feel good feelings
- breathe...focus...and calm your thoughts...remind yourself you're strong enough to handle this and you're okay...whatever you say to yourself during this time needs to be positive, encouraging and supportive of your needs and your feelings
- this will probably take time to get the hang of but please don't give up...keep practicing and if you find an image or thought loses it's appeal...find a new one and keep breathing...you can learn to do this for yourself...don't give up...keep practicing
Using meditation is a healthy alternative to getting lost in the feelings that overwhelm us at times and the benefits of meditation are real. It's relatively easy to learn and it can be done anywhere at anytime...and as you get more comfortable with this exercise you will be able to quickly call to mind the images you need to soothe yourself even in a quiet a room.
Please...take the time to practice...find what thoughts and memories soothe you and meditate on those for a while...it's a feel good thing really and you can give this to yourself. I hope you will.
take good care of you eh?