When you take the time to recover you are caring for the physical, emotional and mental needs of your body. It is one of the most healing things you can do for you. Take the time to write down a plan for your day....what will you do to ease your pain?
Here are some of the things that I do during my "ME Days"
- go back to bed
- long hot bath/shower
- wear comfy loose clothing (a bra free day)
- have a nap
- have a favourite treat
- order in for dinner
- NO CHORES!
- watch a movie/TV
- buy/bake a favourite treat and indulge guilt free
- give myself a manicure and pedicure
- exercise - slow walk with music
- paint (art therapy)
- listen to my favourite songs (music therapy)
- various relaxation techniques
Take the time to recover....it's a feel good thing that we often forget to do and it's an important step to getting on top of your pain and/or out from under it.
Take good care of you okay?