Having to bundle up in layers to be able to meet all the different temperatures of spring we can experience in just one day, can make our pain feel more. The more layers we wear, the heavier our clothing is, which puts stress on our bodies. Yet if we don't bundle up, the cold will make our pain skyrocket! Having to strip off and then put back on the layers, can be taxing on a hurting body too. Oh the joys of dressing for the weather.
- accept that the weather is NUTS! and you can't change that
- understand how the weather impacts your body
- learn what your body needs during the periods of wicked weather and take care of yourself accordingly
- wear layers that are easy to remove and put on when needed
- have a quick to grab blanket to cover yourself
- have different shoes to wear throughout your day - change your outside shoes for inside shoes when you can - often changing our shoes during the day can give our feet a break
- have something warm to drink when feeling chilled - it'll warm you from the inside out and a hot drink is also a good idea when looking to lower stress
- when the cold has invaded your body and you're feeling the chill, go for a soak in the tub or try a warm shower - try cuddling with your special someone feeling warmed by their embrace....a warm hug can do wonders for the soul
We may not be able to change the weather but there are things we can do to limit its impact on our pain.
And I for one am very impatiently waiting for the days that I don't have to worry about the layers!!! Bring on the sunshine and warm temperatures....this body needs it!
take good care of you okay?